During the sweltering days of summer, give your dog a treat that’s totally cool.
It’s too hot to cook. But your pooch is panting for a cool treat. What’s a pet parent to do? For easy and healthy treats you can pull together in a matter of minutes, try our Frozen Berry Treat recipe. Just mix, pour and freeze—it doesn’t get much easier than that. And you can substitute your dog’s favorite summer fruit into the mix—try it with strawberries or watermelon, as long as the fruit is safe for your pooch. And the added benefit of Pro Bloom offers a boost of live culture probiotics and digestive enzymes.
This recipe is from The Honest Kitchen.
- 1-cup assorted berries frozen or fresh
- 1-cup yogurt plain
- 1-tablespoon Honey (optional)
- 1-tablespoon The Honest Kitchen Pro Bloom
- Add assorted berries, yogurt, Pro Bloom and honey to blender. Puree until smooth.
- Pour in ice cube trays and cover with plastic wrap or bags to avoid spills.
- Leave overnight to freeze.
- Take trays out of freezer, let sit out for 2 minutes and remove from tray to serve.
This recipe uses The Honest Kitchen ProBloom Dehydrated Goats Milk. If you want to make fun frozen shapes for your pooch, you can buy cool silicone molds in a variety of styles. They work just as well as ice cube trays and it’s easier to pop the frozen treats out of the mold.