Here is another treat recipe for your pets
Peanut Butter Bacon Dog Treats
Servings: Approximately 45 medium-sized treats
This is a repost of a recipe by Stephanie from the The Cozy Cook
- 1-cup (255g) natural creamy peanut butter
- ¾-cup (180ml) nonfat milk
- 1-large egg (or ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce)
- 2-cups (244g) whole wheat flour. Unbleached all-purpose flour is also safe for dogs
- 1-Tablespoon baking powder
- ⅓-cup (30g) oats (either whole-rolled or quick oats are fine)
- 4-strips bacon, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, gently mix the peanut butter, milk, and egg together with a large spoon or spatula. Switch to a whisk to make sure no lumps remain.
- Add the flour and baking powder. You may need to turn the dough out onto the counter and use your hands to work in the flour. Mix in the oats and chopped bacon. The dough is extremely thick and heavy.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out into ¼” thickness. Cut into shapes using cookie cutters or a knife. Arrange on the baking sheets. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until very lightly browned on the bottom. Remove from the oven, and flip the treats to bake the other side for 10-12 more minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before serving to your pup. Store at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Treats freeze well, up to 2-months.