As long-time readers of Divinity’s blog know, in the last year of her life, Divinity suffered from K9 dementia. Specifically, Sundowner’s Syndrome.
Note: This is the first post in a multi-part series on dementia in dogs.
Symptoms of K9 Dementia can include:
- Pacing back and forth or in circles (often turning consistently in one direction)
- Getting lost in familiar places
- Staring into space or walls
- Walking into corners or other tight spaces and staying there
- Appearing lost or confused
- Having difficulty getting all the way into bed
- Getting trapped under or behind furniture
- Sleeping more during the day and less at night
Click the following link to download a printable version of the complete Canine Cognitive Dysfunction checklist
To learn more about Canine Cognitive Dysfunction, click the following link to DogDementia.com
Cognitive Dysfunction in Older Dogs
Canine Cognitive Dysfunction – Timmy’s Story